Photogenic?

I'm behind the camera-that's where I'm most comfortable. I love being part of making memories for others through photos. Last week I was getting a few pointers from a co-worker, JBL. I have seen his work, and am generally amazed by what he's able to capture through his lens.

I've always been under the impression you are either photogenic, or you are not. I have always believed I belonged to the latter group. JBL snapped a few photos of me, to show me some different settings on this beast of a camera I was going to be using, and the finished product stunned me. Reviewing our 2500 wedding photos from a shoot yesterday, Tyler was like "what do you mean you aren't photogenic-look at this" Which has led to an interesting thought as a photographer - are there truly people that are NOT photogenic, or have they just not met the right photographer? Hmmm...

either way, i'm thankful for one of the few pictures of myself that I actually like :) Thanks JBL!

0 comments: