What a year!

2008 definitely had its ups and downs.

Highlights:
  • Our new family members: Sadie and Magoo.
  • My bedroom and more importantly, bathroom makeover. I love having a shower that drains!
  • J spending winter camp with church in Williams.
  • Grandma spending Easter and her 89th birthday with us in Arizona.
  • J finishing up his first year of high school (1oth grade).
  • Summer trip to Oregon and the Washington Coast.
  • Summer wedding photo job - which has led to more photo jobs and rediscovering a passion that had been hibernating.
  • The Cottage Bakery and Thai food restaurant in Washington. Heavenly.
  • J participating in a 3D animation class at EVIT and loved it (and mom was proud of his A).
  • J passing his driver's test and being a licensed driver.
  • J starting his jr. year of high school, enrolling in ROTC and really finding a niche that he loves.
  • Coaching a jr. high girls group and loving it!
  • JRTOC winter camp for J on a base in Northern Arizona.
  • Old friends - and new ones too.
  • Being part of an amazing small group.
  • My "acting" debut in a skit at Central. HA - but it was fun :)
Not-so-highlights
  • J ending the year with a major foot surgery that has him in a cast for six weeks, then probably a couple months of physical therapy.
  • Picking out abnormal dogs with medical quirks, but I guess they fit right in with our medically quirky family.
  • Losing a close family friend.
  • A year of heartache and pain in one relationship.
But in all, the highs and lows, God, as always, has been faithful. I've struggled a bit on my spiritual journey this year, but in the end that which didn't kill me once again made me stronger and my heart grew closer to God. I never cease to be amazed and how He equips me to deal with things I didn't think I was capable of dealing with. I end 2008 with a deepening faith, a growing passion for God and His work, and a desire to be used daily by Him. Where He leads in 2009 is yet to be seen, but I'm in Lord - I am all Yours!

0 comments: