Whew - one more milestone under our belt.

Well today was the big day. Jacob had his first solo drive as a licensed driver! August 8 was the final driving exam with IDS (excellent driving school and I highly recommend!) He passed with flying colors and of course was angsting to head to DMV and get his actual license. I was working the Leadership Summit at Central, which meant waiting - oh the horror *lol*

We made it through the weekend and Monday I escaped from work a little early, since it was the first day of school and THE big day. We headed to DMV and within about 25 minutes, Jacob was officially road legal. I was trying not to have a cow about his photo - not sure if he thought he was being funny or if the photographer just gave really bad direction, but his photo came out with him hunching forward and cross-eyed. Can we get a do-over please?!?! No time today - had to head out for a chiropractor appointment, then a scheduled photo shoot for friends.

Time to pick up the Bronco from the garage (aka Grandma's house where it was undergoing some last-minute, minor repairs). Finally - it was ready! My anxiety was high, yet I was so excited for this new phase (especially no more early morning taxi duty!). As we drove home, prayers for safe travels over the next several months and years were filling my mind. As I glanced to the west, there, was the most beautiful sunset I've seen in a really long time. Affirmation from above? I like to think so.

On to this new phase - changing roles (once again), new twists, turns and bumps - and lots of excitment, of course. What a journey it is and has been. Anticipating what is still yet to come...

1 comments:

Brandy said...

I can't believe he's driving! Oh goodness!
So, I came over here and set up a blog. I still have one on Xanga, but there are so many people here who have a blog.
www.hebrews133.blogspot.com