The Wish List

One of my all-time favorite books was one I stumbled across, The Wish List by Barabara Ann Kipfer. It's a book of random things that get you thinking and dreaming of what you'd like to do in your lifetime. Some things are possible, others not - but either way, this was a book that excited me and got me thinking about the what if's and the could it be possibles.

So I've decided to take the ideas, wishes and dreams I've gotten from this book, and merged them with my own ideas, wishes and dreams and decided that I can't just think about them anymore. I want to take action - to take steps towards things I've longed to do.

Excerpts from my 2008 list
* Make sure I do something I enjoy at least once a week
* Build up my savings account
* Find a mentor/Be a mentor
* Excel at project management (since this was my new job, I thought it'd be a good goal to work towards!)
* Organize my pesonal papers
* Take a spiritual inventory of my life
* Participate in a paint gun "war"
* Photograph the harvest moon
* See the Olympic Torch being carried (Done! We saw the runners while vacationing in Oregon. It was so cool!)
* Buy a painting (or other art) from a starving artist
* Drink a bottle of wine that's as old as I am (on my birthday)
* Be suprised by my child
* Rappel down a mountain

My list goes on and I have a new list started for 2009. It's fun to dream and stretch my imagination. But what I really like to do is think about what my life is about, what I am doing with the time God has given me, and what kind of fingerprint I am leaving. What about you—Do you think about what you're doing with your life, with your time? Who or what are you impacting?

My heart and my mind continues to be challenged, and for that I am so thankful!

1 comments:

Brandy said...

I have never heard of that book.
What a good idea to do. It was good seeing you Saturday, if only for a brief moment.