goals revisited

This year has been screaming by. is it just me? I feel like somehow I've missed out on 2008 - nothing really to show for it other than daily life. I'd say normal, but this year has been anything but normal for me. Been dealing with quite a bit this year actually-and still processing through most of it. This year has held so many struggles-outright battles with myself, and with God.

So, sitting on my back patio in a comfy new chair reading my bible this morning and the goals I set for the remainder of this year came to mind. So today is a good time to take a look. A couple of months ago I set some goals for this year - nothing life-altering, but something to move towards. Some things God laid on my heart, and others I just have a desire to do-to live more, to experience more.

So let's take a peek and see what's been happening.

Excerpts from my 2008 list
* Make sure I do something I enjoy at least once a week Been trying to work on this one, although 100% success has not been achieved. Part of this is due to those struggles mentioned before, but still working towards it!
* Build up my savings account Actually was doing really well on this until last month. Had to pay off something unexpected, but I was so thankful the cash was there. Back t saving...
* Find a mentor/Be a mentor Don't know if mentor is the right word, but I've been blessed with an accountability partner and we're journeying through life's ups and downs together. That has been amazing. I've got a group of jr. high girls that qualify me as a mentor now :) And I love it! They are all so unique, fun and challenging.
* Excel at project management (since this was my new job, I thought it'd be a good goal to work towards!) Continuing to become stronger in my job and learning new things all the time. So this goal is definitely an ongoing work in progress. But with all I've learned, I definitely feel like this is one of those "checks" - making progress!
* Organize my pesonal papers Half way there. Sorted through and purged, now need to finish the organizing process.
* Take a spiritual inventory of my life Also in process. This has been harder than I thought and not quite sure what this looks like. But being open to God and what He wants to show me about my weaknesses and strengths.
* Participate in a paint gun "war" Planning this now that the weather has cooled off!
* Photograph the harvest moon Missed September's harvest moon, but planning on catching one of the other full moons either next week or November.
* See the Olympic Torch being carried (Done! We saw the runners while vacationing in Oregon. It was so cool!) Check!
* Buy a painting (or other art) from a starving artist With finances being what they are, honestly hasn't even been on my radar to buy much of anything. But still open to the idea!
* Drink a bottle of wine that's as old as I am (on my birthday) Yeah - until I priced a bottle of wine that is 38 years old. Just didn't seem like a good use of money. Maybe someday...
* Be suprised by my child Pretty much a regularly happening in our household. I never ceased to be amazed at this kid. The other day, Skippy told me that Cubby continues to hold the record for "most transformed" from 7th-11th grade. So apparently he doesn't just blow my mind! LOL
* Rappel down a mountain Not even sure how to go about finding out how to do this - but totally want to!

Some still need some work, but I've got a few more weeks. Hard to believe 2008 is nearing a wrap-up. Must start thinking about my 2009 list. So many things already come to mind!

0 comments: