Fourth Photo

Saw this on Audrey's blog (who snagged it from someone else) and loved the idea. The rules are to go to your My Pictures folder, choose the 4th folder and then the 4th picture and tell the story behind it. Do this without checking first to see what the photo is - more fun that way!

Here's mine!
Santiago, Chile.
June 2, 2007
My fourth global connection trip to Chile with Central. This trip I co-lead with my first-time-trip sister, Vik. It was an interesting team, to say the least. It was my first trip with guys and gals - I had always been part of the amazing Chile Chicks that go over spring break. I had gone in March of '07, and returned in May/June of that same year.

Completely shocked by the weather change in those few weeks. March is usually toasty warm days with cool evenings and mornings. June was wet and freezing cold. We got off that plane and a bunch of us Arizona natives had no clue what we were in for. The first thing we sent our field worker for - long underwear!

This photo is from our immersion day in downtown Santiago. I love this country as it reminds me so much of Arizona - everything from snowy mountains to dry, barren desert land. The trees still had some of their fall leaves, but were beginning to get bare for winter. As we strolled through downtown, there was just a different ambience in the air than my other trips here.

Part of me wishes I was going again in March with my sister's team - but a bigger part of me is ready to move on to a more challenging trip and to break out of that Chilean comfort zone. I miss my chilean families, especially my little girl Cata.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

*Sigh* This makes me miss Chile as well.

Audrey said...

It even looks cold! Hey, come with me to Africa next fall - I promise, it won't be freezing!!